Friday 14 May 2010

Crime Scene





When I discovered that Lime Crime's make up line was available in the UK (in Space N.K) I couldn't resist an investigation.

The first colour collection entitled 'Candyfuture' is the result of Xenia's years of blogging under the name 'Lime Crime', initially posting tutorials of the elaborate make up she wore. This has now moved to her blog doedeereblogazine, where she still expresses her love of make-up and signature personal style.

I went for the 'centrifuchsia' shade. Though extremely tempted by the lilac and black, I knew I couldn't carry them off on a day to day basis, though they would be a stylist's dream!

The lipstick itself has amazing staying power! Once I had applied, the colour didn't fade at all. It was not an overly glossy texture and didn't look really plasticy, and felt almost like a lip balm than a lipstick. As someone who is easily prone to chapped lips, I found it to be refreshingly moisturising and not drying like many other brands.

The packaging(as you can see) is totally representative of the 'Lime Crime' style and doesn't look at all cheap in real life. It's also nice to see more individual packaging where many make up brands opt for a safer and minimal approach.

Now which shade to go for next...


(all images me)

//Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, I want to hear it !