Tuesday 6 November 2012

Alexander McQueen: Fashion Visionary



Anyone who knows me knows how much I love fashion books and magazines. So when I received an email asking if I would be interested in looking at the upcoming Alexander McQueen book 'Fashion Visionary', of course I said yes!

The McQueen book that accompanied his New York exhibit is waiting patiently on my want list, but I already have the book that was released shortly after his death 'Alexander McQueen: Genius of a Generation'.

I do prefer this book to the one I already own. This seems to have taken a lot more time and care in researching McQueen's career (each collection has its own chapter, even the early, rarely photographed ones), and even has a forward by Daphne Guinness.
The book chronicles his career, from his upbringing in London to his final collection and the McQueen brand after his death.

It has a healthy balance of imagery, both iconic and rare, as well as going into great detail about the man behind the brand.

As you know I am all about the visuals, so here are my favourite pages.

//Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, I want to hear it !