Saturday 7 November 2009

Sonia Rykeil for H&M



There's been a full on barrage on high fashion x high street collabs recently, and I'm not going to lie, I haven't been wowed by 99% of the efforts. The diffusion lines are either overpriced with the 'key' pieces being oven more expensive, or to me seem nothing like the original lines that made people fall in love with their style in the first place. Why would people want to buy something by a designer that they adore that looks nothing like the designers clothing designs?? Call me a demanding consumer, but this may be the only slice of the designer pie I get a hold on- I want it to be good, I want it to deliver!

SO with this on my mind, I'm actually liking the look of the Sonia Rykiel and H&M collaboration. The the underwear section and first part of the line will be released December 5th. Models are Lara Stone, Caroline Trentini & Anne V. Why have the designated Lara (surely the most high profile a.k.a expensive of the three) to the oblivion of the centre fold? Wasted opportunity there...

The wearability of some of the items in questionable (floral bra anyone?) but aesthetically they stay true to the girly Sonia Rykiel brand. Why am I half hoping that they are selling that pillow...
For people who aren't into elaborate underwear, the bows are equally cute...





The collection will then be expanded into a full line which will then be released February 20th 2010 in 250 H&M stores. The line looks cute from what I can tell on the only image I could find, but the proof will be in the silky/crystallised/polka dotted pudding come Febuary...



(img via Cyantrendland)

//Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, I want to hear it !